ON SIGHT PROGRAM
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 3RD
9:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Consumer Protection Program E. coli Workshop
Institute of Fair Management Course #111
ADDITIONAL FEE REQUIRED**
Contamination from E. coli and other enteric pathogens continues to pose a tremendous risk to all fairs when fair guests interact with animals in livestock barns, petting zoos, birthing centers, etc. In this workshop, you’ll learn more about the pathogen, discover operational and management options any size fair can implement, and meet one-on-one with workshop facilitators to review programs you have in place at your facility. Each attendee will:
• Receive and take home a 3-ring binder which includes workshop information and includes templates for record keeping and signage.
• Participate in a sample exercise to identify contact zones and types of corrective actions to be deployed
• Learn about a variety of operation tactics to consider for corrective actions appropriate for their own particular situation
• Meet one-on-one with Dr. Stephen Neel or Joe Yedlik, CVFM to review the particulars of their site — what is currently being done to protect guests and what tactics to consider implementing
• Receive a certificate of completion
**Through November 1st, registration for CPP is $150 for your fair’s first attendee and $135 (with binder) or $119 (no binder) for each additional attendee; after November 1st, on-site pricing is $175 for your fair’s first attendee and $160 (with binder) or $144 (no binder) for each additional attendee.
Presented by Dr. Stephen Neel (Technical Solutions International) and Joe Yedlik, CVFM (Great Jones County Fair, IA)
This is a required for-credit course of the Institute of Fair Management, but all IAFE members are encouraged to participate.
Sponsored by Haas & Wilkerson Insurance